Sunday, March 28, 2010

SoFoBoMo - 2010

For those who are new to my blog, I'm sure you are wondering what in the world is SoFoBoMo. If you click here you can see all the blog entries I wrote last year about SoFoBoMo. Basically it is Solo Foto Book Month where you sign up to complete a photography book in 31 contiguous days in a specified two month period. That means that you do all the photography, writing, book design and editing so that you end up with a pdf book posted on the net....all within 31 days. The official website for SoFoBoMo 2010 just went up on the web in case you want to take a look or sign up to participate. You can also see the books that were produced last year. The new site is a little sketchy now but it will be a great source of help and encouragement.

My book last year was Eastwood Today which is also posted on Issuu. This year the two month period will be June and July so it is time to get to thinking about a project. I had several ideas in mind last year but almost from the beginning of shooting Eastwood Today just clicked.

And it isn't just about coming up with an idea, the project also involves a lot of technical stuff. Since last year was my first year to figure out a lot of the technical and design ideas, it was tough. I was thinking that maybe this year would be easier but already I can see that some tools have changed and maybe my idea about book design has also changed so it will be a challenge. The good part is that it is okay to work on the technical issues before the 31 day race so that you understand them. I thought I had done that last year but it was still a challenge once I found my subject matter. Still, I'll do what I can to be prepared.

Photographers, do you want to put your Procrastinator in its place? Do you want a challenge? Do you want to be inspired by all the other photographers and books that are produced? Then go to the SoFoBoMo website and sign up.

1 comment:

Sam and Bob said...

Good luck and have fun. I'm sure it will be great!