Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A New Winter Storm

My in-house weathercaster had told me last night that the weather was suppose to change today....rain and cold. And sure enough this morning it was overcast when I left for Yoga. I met Barbara after yoga for coffee but I decided that hot chocolate would help take the chill off. By the time we left La Buena Vida it had started raining and the temperature was definitely dropping.

Then I met Ned in the Jardin so we could go to the bank (see the previous entry about that experience) and when we came out an hour or so later, it was raining, damp and cold. Not your usual mid-day weather in San Miguel in January. More like Houston winter weather. We opened our umbrellas and walked to the grocery store for necessities like toilet paper and wine and as we walked we talked about what we were going to do for comida. I said some soup would be warming and good. Ned agreed.

We stopped at Hecho en Mexico and it was so crowded that we had to eat in the bar. Some chips, some guacamole, some tortilla soup in the cozy bar really hit the spot as we talked about our recent banking experience, about the mail, about the weather, about the common everyday things that make up our life here. We gave each other a discrete little hug as we sat there smiling and talking. Life is good.

Oh, to finish up about the weather......it is suppose to be down into the 30's tonight. I think we'll stay home, light the fireplace in the studio and turn on the warming blankets when we go to bed.

No comments: