Monday, April 04, 2005

Banana Nut Bread from Buen Cafe recipe


Banana Nut Bread
Originally uploaded by BillieS.
I made a load of banana nut bread today. I'm using the recipe from Kris Rudolph owner of the Buen Cafe in San Miguel de Allende. It is really delicious with a real touch of sweetness.

Baking at 6500 ft. is a problem for this girl from sea level. I just haven't figured out the adjustments for some of my favorite recipes....like chocolate chip cookies. Oh, were they a disaster! But Kris developed the recipes for here so I can trust the ingredients.

I also made the Creamy Tomatillo Sauce from Kris' cookbook. It turned out pretty spicey and also made a lot of sauce. I made it to put on a pork loin that I cooked tonight. The sauce was delicious and very good with the pork. But I think I can adjust it with adding some extra avocado finely chopped or mashed and serve it with chips.

No comments: