Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Where Am I?

No, I'm not Over the Rainbow with the Tinman and Dorothy but I am in a magical place . . . San Miguel de Allende. We flew in on Sunday so we were able to go to the Jardin Monday night to join the trick or treaters. I've written so many times about just hanging out in and around the Jardin at night and how it feeds my soul but I'm not the only one who fills that way. I think that is what continues to draw people not to just vacation in San Miguel but to want to live here.
I wish I would have had a tape recorder with me because right after we arrived in the Jardin we ran into D and T who were finishing dinner at a sidewalk cafe and taking it all in, and I do mean all, of the things that were going on in the Jardin. D started talking to me about all the things she was seeing and how this magic just couldn't be replicated. Her soul was being filled as well.
It was so much fun to see all the kids who could run on their own as well as the little guys with Mom and Dad. Most of the kids were having fun except for a few of the little guys who were kind of overwhelmed.
But I think this big kid was having the most fun of all handing out candy.

8 comments:

Heather said...

Love the pictures. I do love the picture of the little one with the wide-eyes.

GlorV1 said...

What great photos Billie. Looks like it was a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing .

jennifer j rose said...

Welcome back!

Steve Cotton said...

It is great to see Ned again. Reminds me so much of the two of you. But I guess that is one reason we blog.

Jonna said...

Cute kids! ...especially that last one :) Glad you guys are back and enjoying SMA.

Billie Mercer said...

Thanks everyone. It is good to be home.

Mexico Cooks! said...

So glad to see 'the big kid'--and so glad to know that you are behind the lens. Welcome, welcome!

Jim Quinn said...

Lovely photos, Billie, and it's a real treat to see Ned back in the jardin!