Thursday, October 27, 2011

Jus' Mac


This is a new family owned restaurant on Yale Street near downtown Houston. If you saw the restaurant, would you think of Macaroni and cheese or a burger? I would NOT think that this was a McDonalds and the owners of this new eatery never ever imagined that their new concept of a place that just serves a variety of mac and cheese dishes would ever be in competition to McDonalds. Big old McDonalds thinks so. They have sent them a letter telling them they can't use the name Jus' Mac. Read about it here.

4 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

Ah. I just love my former profession.

And what about that other word? I can almost write the letter now from Rome.

"Dear heretic --

"It has come to our attention that your are taking the name of Our Lord in vain. You may think that by dropping the second and third letter that you have altered the name enough to avoid any trademark issues. Not so.

"It is apparent you are attempting use our trademark for your own personal gain. You have until sun down to correct this abomination. I don't think we need to remind you that the inquisition never sleeps.

"Eternally yours,
"Benedict

"P.S. Those eggs Benedict people are in as much trouble as you."

Heather said...

That's just crazy. I saw the name and the first I thought of was macaroni & cheese.

Michael Dickson said...

Okay, that does it. I'm joining Wall Street protesters in New York.

Billie Mercer said...

I need to find out what is happening with McDonald's vs Jus'Mac.