Wednesday, March 23, 2011

100 Days


100 Days until Solo Foto Book Month 2011 (SoFoBoMo 2011). Seems like I just finished SoFoBoMo for 2010. For new readers who haven't struggled with me though making a PDF book in 31 days and you are wondering what SoFoBoMo is all about, click here. If you want to take a look back, I've written a lot blog entries about SoFoBoMo.  Here are the books I have completed for SoFoBoMo:
2009: Eastwood Today
2010: New Orleans, Two Nights and Three Days

Basically SoFoBoMo is making a book with at least 35 images in a 31 day contiguous period. This year the rolling time frame is July 1 to August 31. You do the photography, edit, design and finish your book in 31 days. Any one can commit to making a book. There is no competition, no prizes, no winners except from the standpoint that you feel like a winner when your finish you book.

I signed up to do SoFoBoMo this year about a month ago and then I started wondering what in the heck the book would be about this time. All of a sudden this week two ideas popped into my head. It is really funny how when you need something your brain is open to find the information. One of them really has me excited but I need to do some more research before I know if it will work for SoFoBoMo. But even if it will not fit in the time frame for SoFoBoMo it is a project that I want to do anyway. The second idea is one that I want to start photographing right now. I don't want to wait until July. So who knows what will happen in the next 100 days, some other ideas might show up as well. I'm energized and excited.

If you are a photographer and you could use a challenge or a Whack on the Side of the Head, think about signing up for SoFoBoMo 2011. I'm not going to tell you it is easy but you'll have a great time.

Night in Colonia San Antonio #2. The image above is another I shot from the terrace on the night of the full moon. You know you have the camera and the tripod set up and you have to do something while you are waiting for that moon to break the top of the mountains.

No comments: