Saturday, October 31, 2009

Naughty Angel

I walked back to the cemetery this morning. No matter how many times I go I always find something I haven't seen before. Today it was the naughty angel sneaking a smoke.

Things are beginning to pick up. The big water truck was there to keep water in the tanks inside the cemetery so that visitors have a place to get water for their flowers. So were the little boys with buckets who are out to earn a few pesos when they help carry water to the grave. The flower and food vendors are putting up tarps and tents and moving in. A lot of families were cleaning and repainting. And some were starting to bring flowers. I can't wait to see how the cemetery looks tomorrow.

7 comments:

Babs said...

How adorable!

GlorV1 said...

Great photo. Thx for sharing.
Have a great rest of the weekend.

Steve Cotton said...

Our cemetery was empty.

Leslie Harris said...

I love Mexico's sense of humor!

Billie Mercer said...

Leslie, I love their sense of humor too.

Steve, We keep telling you, ya gotta come to San Miguel! LOL

Sam and Bob said...

This is a very interesting photo. I agree you never know what you will find.

La Familia Lopez Robinson said...

What a great shot, Billie. It's a great photo description of Mexico: some things about the country and it's people are so pure and innocent, yet sometimes unexpectedly crude and always proud!