Thursday, October 08, 2009

Fashion vs. Comfort

We are flying back to San Miguel today and I'm laughing at what I'm thinking about wearing. Jeans, shirt, sandals and socks. The sandals and socks are the really laughable part because my socks have the "gold toe." Sandals and socks are bad enough; gold toes really, really unfashionable. The only reason I'm doing it is because of airport security. You have to take off your shoes. Lace-up shoes are a pain to get off and get back on. Sandals are easy to slip off and on but if I don't have on socks I'm walking around barefooted on the floor where lots of other people have walked around barefooted. Yuck! So I'm going for the "unyuck" factor and comfort over fashion. Never would have done that when I was younger and glamorous but today I have my priorities lined up a little differently.

I brought my camera with me but we have been in such a dither it hasn't even made it out of the case since we have been here. So this is another photograph from the campo outside of San Miguel de Allende.

9 comments:

1st Mate said...

Fashion is so much about what other people think, anyway. Just feel sorry for those fashionable types trudging around barefoot on that yucky airport floor. Welcome back to Mexico. You both must be getting tired of all that back-and-forth.

Sam and Bob said...

Billie:

I am with you all the way. I have been traveling with white ankle socks and sandals for the same reason. Also, many times the plane is cool and my toes get cold. Comfort all the way!! Hope you had a safe trip.

Tina said...

To hell with fashion--go for comfort and
the serenity of clean feet!

One Small Voz said...

I felt the ick-factor when I flew up to Ohio over the weekend. I didn't about bringing socks along so that I didn't have to touch that gross airport floor. I thought to myself to remember to do that next time!

Steve Cotton said...

OK. This must be another of those man-woman things. The idea of being barefoot on any floor is no worse to me than walking around in a men's locker room. But, Billie, I may just have proven your point and my thesis.

Billie Mercer said...

Steve, it looks like all the women who have replied are against walking on the floor of the airport barefooted. Would you really walk around in the men's locker room barefooted? Icky, icky! LOL

pitchertaker said...

Feet, feet, feet, sox, sox, sox, (stupid Red Sox last night) -- whatever. It's a nice image.

marilyn said...

I'm not too finicky, but, those airport floors are gross.

I recently flew to Australia, and for the first time wore very expensive compression stockings. The thought of walking the floor with them, putting them into my shoes that I would be wearing for weeks was creepy.

I bought some cheap shoe liners. I slipped them on as I removed my shoes & off as I put my shoes on, then threw away the liners. A TSA guy was watching me and said "that's a great idea"

just a thought for next time you fly. Lena James

Billie Mercer said...

Marilyn, that is a great idea. Thanks.