Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Not Yet - SoFoBoMo

Nope, I haven't started yet and the Old Sixth Ward isn't my project for the book. I'm still playing around with ideas on how I can take the book design up a notch. It might be easier if I were using a design program but I'm looking to see what I can do inside of Photoshop.

Yesterday I played with this concept and also using a nine image one page spread which would work if I end up with square images. Adding a color to the background layer could be an endless process. The choices are unlimited and you can see them instantly. I played and played with it. Who would have thought that there are so many colors of gray? Yes, I know this background color isn't gray but I played with a lot of grays. I have a feeling that no matter how much I try out things before I start to put the book together, I'll still be scrambling at the last minute as new ideas grow out of the work.

I can't start yet but today I'm excited about the possibilities.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Billie,
I happened upon your terrific blog today....my good fortune. I am a frustrated resident of Houston who is dreaming of permanent relocation quite soon to either SMA or Taos. Both own "a little piece of my heart", to quote iconic fellow-Texan Janis Joplin. There is less and less in Houston to inspire this artist's soul. I applaud you for following your muse to such a wondrous place.
Cheers,
Sharon Stanley Ruggerio

Billie Mercer said...

Sharon, thanks, I'm glad you liked the blog. Follow your muse...whether to Taos or SMA or somewhere else.

Joanna said...

Hey Billie,
I really like the look of the cover photo and the background color that you've posted there. Good luck on your project once you get going on it.

Robert Longpre said...

Hey Billie, have you started yet? I am looking forward to what you will end up with. I am almost half done using square format and the "tunnel vision" effect that gets some "exposure" on my blog. Good luck.