Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sunrise in the Campo

Oh the things my friends get me involved in. I didn't want to go. I'm retired and I love that I no longer have to get up early in the morning but my camera kept saying that it wanted to go so as any photographer knows, you do whatever it takes to keep the camera happy. We haven't set the alarm clock in so long that it took both of us to set it for 5:30 AM. What a horrible sound it makes. It definitely got me out of bed.

I headed out the door at 6:00 AM. I thought I'd be the only person on the street but there were already some of the women out washing their front walk. A few people were walking to work and the taxis were already cruising looking for a fare. There was more going on than I thought there would be.

Now I'm glad I went for a lot of reasons and this sunrise is just one of them. I'll tell you more about this early morning adventure tomorrow.

2 comments:

Robert Longpré said...

I like your reference to having to listen to your camera. As an amateur photographer, I understand that feeling so well. My mate sometimes doesn't understand why I would leave a warm comfy bed just to take another sunrise photo or other photo that has the barest of sun caressing it just as the sun breaks the horizon.

GlorV1 said...

Well who wouldn't want to get up to see that beautiful sunrise and you captured it so beautifully. I love the description that Robert Longpre gave, it describes the sunrise well. Have a great weekend Billie.