Sunday, December 31, 2006

Looking Back - 2006

Like everyone I'm looking back at what happened in 2006 while I get ready to welcome 2007. A lot of significant events happened in 2006.
  • Sold our house in Houston along with most of the stuff in the house so we are officially residents in San Miguel de Allende. This means that the darkroom is gone and all of the equipment.
  • I've gone photographically digital.
  • I had a show at Goldesberry Gallery
  • I was in a show at the Harry Ransom Gallery at the University of Texas
  • I sold four large images to the Federal Reserve Bank.
  • I had two cataract surgeries.
  • I studied Spanish....not sure I'm better but I'm working on it.
  • We bought a lot in Houston's inner city.
  • Had a 70th birthday
  • Celebrated a 50th Wedding Anniversary
  • Started a major kitchen remodel in the San Miguel House.
  • Worked on a project with the Lensbaby
  • Bought a holga lens for the Canon 5D camera---this may be very significant in 2007.

All-in-all, 2006 was a good year.

2 comments:

La Gringa said...

It sounds like a very good year for you. I knew you were an excellent photographer but I didn't know that you were a professional photographer.

I did notice that you started out the year with two kitchens and ended up with none. Haha.

Happy New Year!

Brenda Maas said...

What a change 1 yr. can make. Hope that this year is as good to you as the last one.