Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving

It seems like just another day here. Alfredo the blacksmith across the street is pounding on metal, the painters arrived promptly at 9 to continue to work on the floors of the kitchen and dining room. The gas and water trucks are going by calling their wares. There are no smells of onion sauteing for the dressing, no fragrance of cinnamon and pumpkin, no piles of produce ready for preparation. But then of course I don't have a kitchen right now where any of those things could happen. Still that doesn't mean that we won't be celebrating a Day of Thanksgiving. It will just be a little different than it was last year. We are going to Michael and Jean's house to enjoy a traditional Thanksgiving feast. I think there will be about 10 of us.

Wherever we are or whatever we eat, we have so much to be thankful for. Ned and I are especially thankful for our health as well as the health of the rest of the family. We are thankful for wonderful sons, daughters-in-law and grandsons. We are thankful that we have the opportunity to live in Mexico and we can travel back and forth to the USA to be with family and friends on both sides of the border. We are thankful for good friends. I'm thankful that I have my photography. This list could go on and on but I'll stop there and wish all my readers from the USA, a wonderful day of family, friends and food.

1 comment:

Brenda Maas said...

I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. It is not Thanksgiving Day for us; but we give thanks daily for being allowed to live and enjoy this wonderful place.
Brenda