Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Tired Mind

I've got a tired mind. It is too tired to blog. I've been processing images from a shoot AND I've started working on learning Spanish....again. Add to that trips to Queretero and visits with friends and I feel like I'm UN-retired!

I've been working with a tutor to review the Spanish I learned in Level I at Warren Hardy's Language School four years ago. She is a slave driver. Thirty pages of homework in two days! Plus trying to remember it all so I can speak Spanish while I am with her. I know, I know, I'm complaining but really I want to do this. From time to time Jose, one of my readers, has gently chided me for not learning Spanish and he is right. Especially now that we are living in San Miguel de Allende full time. So I'm making a commitment. I'm reviewing what I had earlier, then I'm signed up for Warren Hardy's Level II class....Preterite Indicative Tense, Direct and Indirect Object Pronouns. I've heard that this is the hardest of his classes. After that I'm getting a tutor and I will continue to work with the tutor until............ I don't know it might be the rest of my life. It isn't easy for this old brain to keep it all together but I'm going to give it a good try.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your Spanish progress. I envy my 6 and 4 year old who are already using verbs with 'aba' after being here only a month! Kills me how young minds adapt so well while we older minds get brain fried.

Claudine

Anonymous said...

For the life of me I can't understand why the teachers insist on pushing us so fast. Our old retired brains just do not work like the young un's. I finally gave up because my teacher insisted on going so fast and it was too stressful. I believe if I had a private tutor, I would dictate how fast and how much homework. We actually DO have other aspects to our lives...teeheehee

Anonymous said...

Que hiciste in queretaro?

Uffa, ulises nunca dijo que no podia aprender algo nuevo...

( no estoy hablando de usted billie pero de las personas que escriben en tus comentos que -ya ya ya no puedo aprender nada por que mu mente esta demasiado viejo....- Como dijo yoda, no hay intenciones; solo haga o haga no . No hay intenciones...)

siempre las posibilidades estan en la mente, y tambien las limitaciones....

Anonymous said...

Billie,
Tal vez podemos practicar un poco durante mi tiempo en SMA. Hace tiempo que yo tambien, he tenido intenciones de mejorar mi espanol, y como dijo tu amigo Jose, las intenciones no sirven. Estoy de acuerdo con el--las posibilidades me interesan! Hasta SMA,

Deborah