Monday, January 30, 2006

Pat Brown's Pear

At Christmas Time I look forward to receiving special holiday cards made by my artist friends. This gorgeous pear is the work of my friend and fellow photographer, Pat Brown from Austin.

I also received a couple of other cards made by artist. They are special and I save them every year. But what I find interesting is that back in the "old days" when we had to make each image in the darkroom, then cut and trim it and paste it on the card stock....very labor intensive....I received more artist/photographer made cards than I have in the last couple of years when so many of us have switched to inkjet printing. Now we can load up the printer with paper and let it do it's thing with the file. But what can I say. I'm guilty too. I didn't make any holiday cards this year either.

But isn't it interesting, now that it is easier, we are doing it less.

No comments: