Saturday, August 13, 2005

Pump It UP

I doubt that the service stations in Texas along the Mexico border are doing the same amount of business they were this time last year. Yesterday when I filled up my car I paid $2.39 a gallon. The fill-up was $46. The cost of gasoline is no longer a reason for the Mexicans to cross the border to fill up. Especially when you add $4.25 for tolls to cross the bridges.

This morning's Houston Chronicle had an article about how the rising prices are affecting people. It is already changing some things about our life styles and it will change more as it continues to rise. I worry about it, not for myself, but for my children and grandchildren. It seems simple on the surface but these are very complex economic and political issues that can bring huge change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

High court to hear blog suit; Smyrna councilman claims anonymous defamation
DOVER , A lawsuit seeking to identify anonymous posters to an Internet Web log will be decided in the Delaware Supreme Court, a case some say could set precedents for free speech online.
Hey, you have a corking blog here! I will definitely visit your site again ! I have a triglycerides site. It virtually embraces all that equates to triglycerides issues. If you possess the chance, kindly come and check it out.