Saturday, April 02, 2005

Private moment in public


Private moment in public
Originally uploaded by BillieS.
On Thursday we went to Queretaro to shop at WalMart and Costco. I decided to take the camera along and try shooting from the hip...not raising the camera to my eye but just seeing what I could get from aiming in the general direction.

It was fun! Sometimes I'm so serious about photography and in a way it is like shooting with the holga, you don't know what you'll get. There are no expectations of making serious "Art." There is a feeling of play. And play I did. I found that WalMart is better lit than Costco and with more interesting spaces. I loved the floor tiles in the vegetable department. They added another dimension to the images. Maybe next time I'll be even braver.

No comments: