Sunday, December 30, 2012

It Is My Birthday

Yes, another year older. Seems to happen every year. But you know the old saying, 'It is better than the alternative.'

The last time I wrote on this blog, back at the end of November, I thought that I would start writing on a regular basis again. It did not happen, but I guess you have already figured that out. I went to Texas on December 2 and although I thought about writing a blog several times, it just didn't happen. It seems like writing the blog on the iPad is more difficult for me and that has something to do with the typing. I never watch my hands when I'm typing on the computer keyboard but with the iPad I do and watching my hands and using my brain to write must be more than I can handle. Now young people do not have this problem, not with tablets or smart phones. There is one interesting thing I found out, even though I had Ned's laptop in Houston, the only time I fired it up was to read something on a CD. The iPad was just more convenient to use for checking email and Facebook, etc. I was talking with some friends and they think that the iPad/tablets are making inroads on the sale of laptop computers.

While I was in Texas I did some shopping but it was very targeted shopping. I had a list and unless something exactly fit the requirements, I didn't buy except at Chico's which is now my favorite store. I saw friends and ate at some of my favorite places. I went to Port Aransas for a few days and made some more pictures for the project. Also went to Austin and saw Son #3 and family. While there I got to celebrate Susan's birthday, see Dexter take a Karate lesson, and hear Maxwell's rock band play a gig. We had a great Christmas. Christmas Eve I made oyster stew. I don't want to think about how much butter and cream were in the stew along with a gallon of oysters. And of course, I made jalapeno quiche for Christmas morning. I made six quiches but at least we had some left for the day after. Mike, Betsy and Gary were hosts to 20 people in the family for a sit-down formal dinner on Christmas night. It was a wonderful Christmas.

Tonight some friends made a birthday dinner for me and now it is time to think about 2013.

7 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

Happy birthday. blogger buddy. It is always a pleasure to catch up with what you are doing.

Marc Olson said...

Happy Birthday, Billie. All the best to you in the new year.

Bob Mrotek said...

Querida Billie,
Feliz cumpleaƱos y bienvenida a casa.
CariƱosamente,
Bob y Gina

Phil said...

I don't have an iPad, so I may have the wrong info, but I think you can get a wireless keyboard for it. I have one for my netbook and love it. This should get you back to touch typing. I think they use a Bluetooth one for the iPad. I like it so well I bought a full size wireless keyboard, but it requires a USB port for the receiver part.

Unknown said...

Happy late birthday. Happy to see you are back to blogging!

Heather said...

Happy belated birthday! Hope you have a good year. Chicos is a great store for clothes!

Babs said...

Just getting around to reading blogs - so sorry I missed your birthday. A belated one to a GREAT lady. I now have you on the calendar for next December.........