Saturday, July 17, 2010

Family Matters

Let me introduce you to our latest family member, Carly.

It has been over a year since Taylor died. We haven't been ready for another dog but every once in a while I've seen a dog that I thought about. Pictures of Carly (although that wasn't her name at the time)  showed up on a local website from the Save a Mexican Mutt organization here in San Miguel. She looked cute but I let it ride for about two weeks. I thought that surely by that time someone would have adopted her. Still I wrote an email asking about her. No she had not been adopted. It took another couple of weeks of tenative questions on my part and a lot of talking between Ned and me. Are we ready for another dog and all the responsibility it would bring. SAMM brought Carly by for a visit. Another couple of days of thinking and then we said, yes. So yesterday Carly joined the family.

Carly was found in Queretaro, emaciated, matted and scared. She has had a couple of months of care and she is still really thin. SAMM thinks she is a cocker and poodle mix and that she is about 2 years old. I do think there is some poodle in there but not sure about the cocker part. She is smaller than Taylor was. At some point in her life she has been housebroken and leash trained. She is really a sweet quiet little companion.

10 comments:

GlorV1 said...

She is beautiful Billie. How sweet and how happy she will be with her new parents. Yay for you and Ned adopting her. If she's part cocker and poodle, then she's a
cockapoo.:))) My Chocolatte is chihuahua/poodle, a Chipoo.:) How cool is that! :DD Congratulations on your new arrival and please do some posts on her from time to time. I'm always happy to read about family pet members. Have a nice weekend and hello "Carlita."

Brenda Maas said...

Congratulations on your new family member. I am sure that you will all enjoy each other.
She is a cutie pie whatever breed of mutt she is.
It is nice that she is house trained.

Islagringo said...

I am bubbling over with jealousy! How cute she is! I bet she gives kisses too! Congrats on the new family member!

Jonna said...

Ay! Que preciosa! and how lucky she is to have been taken in by you two. I'll bet she will be a wonderful, loving and grateful companion. Life just took a fabulous up swing for her.

Mexico Cooks! said...

Cute, cute, cute! She looks really smart, too, and I love her naturally curly hair!

Cristina

Sam and Bob said...

Billie...she is so adorable. I can't wait to meet Carly. Did you name her or was this her name from SAMM?

Billie Mercer said...

We named her Carly. So when will you be here to meet her?

Steve Cotton said...

Ah, so you made the jump. Another face to meet when I get up your way.

Shirley Gonzalez-Day said...

She is so beautiful; and what a lucky little girl. I hope she brings you much joy and companionship.

Erika said...

First, congrats on the little one and kudos for going the rescue-route. I adopted two cats in Mexico, and spent a rather ridiculous amount to import them into the UK, and every time I look at them and think of their backstories, I am so grateful we found each other. I love Mexico with all my heart but there are so many little souls there in desperate need of a home.

Second, I have to thank you for your comment on my blog last weekend. Out of the habit now, I have ideas to write and then think "meh, who will even notice if I don't?" Your comment reminded me of the beauty of blogs - of this larger network of friends and strangers - and why I enjoy it so much. I've posted now, especially for and inspired by you. Thanks for being there, stranger-friend.