Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Justification

A little jarring isn't it after the smooth black and white images. Hey, if I'm going to photograph taco joints at night, in color, why not let 'er rip.

I do like low light photography and I like doing it without a tripod. I'm using that as the justification for buying the Canon 5D Mark II. I should have it tomorrow. This new camera has been on my "Lust List" for a while. I almost bought it last December. Then again in January. I had decided not to get it on this trip to the USA either but somehow while we are still here in Houston, I was finally able to justify why I couldn't wait another minute longer. It is really quite amazing how I can finally talk myself into a photography purchase. Unfortunately I also had to order the latest version of Photoshop, CS4, so that I will be able to convert RAW images from this new camera. Some smart but evil Adobe marketing executive thinks up these schemes to collect an upgrade fee from me every 18 months.

10 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Oh wow, that is some photo. I love the colors. What a great shot Billie, it makes me happy. Take care.

Steve Cotton said...

Did you take this shot with the new camera? Cool photograph. I need to read up on the Canon. At some point, I want to get a high-quality DSLR. We await your review.

Chrissy y Keith said...

I like the night time taco stand shots. Great idea. I had for years said that I was going to do a picture books of "Dive Bars of Alaska" I still might.

pitchertaker said...

Let'r rip!

Billie Mercer said...

Chrissy, go for it. That would make a great project. And this one wasn't made with the new camera. I'm hoping that I get it today but since someone has to sign for it we might miss them at the door since we are coming and going.

Frankly Ronda said...

yes the color is good to see ...

Sam and Bob said...

Yes indeed this is a beautiful colorful picture. It certainly brightened my day since it is cloudy and rainy today here in Michigan.

Calypso said...

OMG a new 5D II I am sooooo jealous!

Cease said...

Can i use cs3 with a mark II? I am thinking about getting one.

Billie Mercer said...

Cease,
You will not be able to convert RAW images with CS3/Bridge.