Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Expanding the Blog List

The waistline of my blog list just keeps growing. I've thought about putting it on a diet but then along comes some special treat and the next thing you know, it shows up on the hips...uh, blog list. But I do have a couple of good ones for you today.

I don't remember how I found Texas-to-Mexico but I've been following it for about a month. Dee Kinche is a native Texan who lives in Monterrey, Mexico. It is a cooking blog in that she shares recipes, many of them seem to be old but updated family recipes, but she also shares her "musings" and photographs. She has some great old Texas family stories to weave into recipes so that you can just imagine when crossing the border wasn't sitting for an hour (or more) at the border crossing but just walking across the Rio Grande to visit family.

The other is Life Style Refugee or Honey, what the hell are we doing in Mexico?. It is written by Elliott who lives in the Ajijic area. I love her breezy, funny writing style. She recently attended the Writer's Conference in San Miguel and if nothing else you should go read her description of the conference and the differences between San Miguel and Ajijic. Or this post about a car accident. If those two posts don't leave you laughing and convince you that Elliott is a great writer, then I don't know what will.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lifestyle Refugee is at the top of my "favorite ex-pat blog" list. I think Elliot is an amazing writer (an a damn fine real estate agent) and does not get enough recognition. She has a rare ability to paint vivid pictures with words. Plus, she makes me laugh out loud, a nice way to start the day. Thanks for mentioning her!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning me is right! And thank you Michele, for always being so supportive.Billie,I'm thrilled to be on your blogroll, I'm a fan of yours from way back.

Billie Mercer said...

Elliott, you are very welcome. I'm just lazy about making changes to the blog or you would have been on the blog roll much sooner.