Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Countryside at Dusk

While in Patzcuaro we went out in the countryside one evening to see a small church but along the way the sky became streaked with the sunset and we stopped at a cemetery. I had the Holga with me holding a partially used roll of film. Across the road from the cemetery was a field. I walked across the road and sat the Holga on a wall/fence to stabilize the camera and guessed on how long to hold the shutter open.

I've been planning for quite some time to do some night shooting with a Holga. I even had Randy at Holgamods modify a Holga with a cable release for me about a year ago. I don't know why I haven't used it at night before now. But one of the things that I know about the way my creative spirit works is that I'll have an idea and it just has to sit around for a while fermenting. Then suddenly something will trigger heading down an interesting path. I think I've found an interesting path.

1 comment:

Marlene Sherwin said...

I too am a blogger and I enjoy your work. I am viewing from Vancouver BC Canada. I also love Mexico. Keep up the good work