Thursday, January 31, 2008

Edward James' Surreal Garden


Once again my pbase gallery of images from Edward James Gardens in Xilitla has seen lots of hits over the weekend.....800 in one day. I was shocked at so many so I knew there had to be some reason, some publicity, some article, something that generated that many hits. I googled "Edward James," "Surreal gardens," "Xilitla"....but nothing turned up that was new enough to cause the hits starting on Sunday. Then someone left a message on pbase for me. He liked the photographs and said he found the site because he watched a BBC television program series called Around The World in 80 Gardens. Now I had something definite to google and I found this article about the television series. Now I know what generated so much interest in the images from the surreal garden in Xilitla.

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Where is this? Can be seen on a day trip from SMA? Looks just wonderful.

Billie Mercer said...

Cynthia, Xilitla is about an 8 hour drive through the mountains so it really takes about 3 days. It is in the mountains to the East kind of between Tampico and Vera Cruz.

Cynthia said...

So it's one more of those things I plan to do one day.

Thanks and great photos. I looked at all of yours on the web and they are just wonderful.

Islagringo said...

One of my favorite places in the world! Spent 8 hours there taking pics and exploring all the paths. I WILL go back someday. A pity that it is falling into ruin though with no funding to keep it up.