Thursday, November 15, 2007

Reconnecting Through the Internet

Yes, this is another one of those stories about cyberspace connections. They never cease to amaze me.

John and Mary Lynn were friends we made when we were newlyweds. We were all struggling to make a living, finish college and we were having babies. So our entertainment was pretty simple and the friendships meant a lot. Eventually John took a job that took him out of town but we still stayed in touch with cards and letters (no Internet in those days) and exchanged pictures of the family and Christmas gifts. Over time our contacts got further and further apart. I guess the last time I talked to them was maybe 10 or 12 years ago when I tracked John down by calling the company he worked for. Since then, we have all retired and we have moved twice.

You can imagine my surprise when I got an email from them. Mary Lynn had tried to call us at our old number and had looked for us on the Internet. She told her daughter about trying to locate us and the daughter sat down at the computer and found my blog in a few key strokes. Isn't it amazing?

Now we are exchanging emails, trying to catch up on the last 15 years. Reconnecting with them has brought back a flood of memories of the good times we had. But good friends are always good friends and I'm glad Mary Lynn found us.

1 comment:

Jonna said...

Did I already leave you a comment tonight? If so, delete this one so I don't look like such an idiot.

I tagged you for a blog game, the info is on my blog.

I can't believe I can't remember if I already told you this. I need to lose 10 years and see if this gets better!