Friday, September 28, 2007

Texas Holga

I did a little shooting with the Holga while I was in Texas.

On the way to Austin I stopped for a few minutes in Chappell Hill. I've photographed there before and I always drive over to this church. It could use a paint job right now but I just love the simplicity of it.

On Sunday, I went with Doug's family to their favorite nursery. I love it too. Besides being able to buy plants they have gardens where you can see how it all comes together.....even orchards and vineyards.

2 comments:

Steve Williams said...

I am always enthralled by the Holga pictures you make. I've tried some myself with a variety of toy cameras and never get anything worth looking at.

These two you have posted are the sort of quiet dreams that the Holga is made for.

I'm shooting mostly digital now and wondering if I should just sell all my film stuff. I like it but just can't see myself ever walking down to the darkroom again. At least not unless I force myself somehow.

Steve Williams
Scooter in the Sticks

Billie Mercer said...

Steve, I'm with you on the darkroom issue. In fact I sold all my darkroom stuff last year. I'm shooting color and taking it to a lab to be processed then scanning the negatives. So far that is working for me but I do miss the instanteous feedback of digital...maybe not the LCD shot on the camera but being able to download the film when I walk in the door and check it out on the monitor. I shot 5 rolls of film yesterday and it will be Monday or Tuesday before I get it back. Some of the images are in my head and I'm dying to see what the Holga did with them. The process will be slow even when the film comes back. Still have to scan.
Thanks for your comments,