Monday, September 17, 2007

Evening of Art

I'm heading for Texas tomorrow. A short trip.....just one week.....by myself.

One of the reasons I'm going is an Evening of Art. The Officers of the Houston Branch of the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas and Kinzelman Art Consulting have arranged an Evening of Art where they will present the artists and the artwork in the Houston Branch art collection to invited guests. I am very honored to have four pieces in the collection. I've not seen the work since I delivered it to the framer in Houston so this is a real treat for me.

It will be a fast and full trip. Besides doctor's appointments and shopping, I'm going to Austin for the Texas Photographic Society's PHOTOTexas weekend. I'll get to go to the auction, check out galleries, and see photography friends. I was planning to take a 1/2 day workshop but it was cancelled due to a death in the instructor's family. I'll also get to meet with a group of Houston photographers who get together monthly to show what they are working on. I do miss these monthly meetings while I'm in Mexico.

This is mostly a week about photography but of course, I'll get to spend some time with family both in Houston and Austin. Really looking forward to catching up on what the grandsons are doing.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Congratulations! Have a wonderful time. We are actually having some pretty nice weather, not San Miguel nice, but for Houston, a touch of fall.

Anonymous said...

Dear Billie,
I loved visiting with you at the TPS Auction! Can you send your email address? I also loved your images on your site....the children's portraits are wonderful and I also loved your garden series.
Hope to hear from you!
Sincerely,
Victoria Smith
victoria_smith_52@yahoo.com