Monday, March 26, 2007

Color Photographs

I don't usually re-blog but this hit me because of my blog yesterday about Black and White photographs. I just found this on Christian Patterson's blog. It is a quote from Stephen Shore's book, The Nature of Photographs and seems to give a reason for the seductiveness of the color image.

"Color expands a photograph’s palette and adds a new level of descriptive information and transparency to the image. It is more transparent because one is stopped less by the surface–color is more like how we see. It has added description because it shows the color of light and the colors of a culture or an age."

Shore's book......another on my Amazon wish list. It is getting longer and longer.

1 comment:

pitchertaker said...

My copy of The Nature of Photography came yesterday. I have only had time to glance at it, stay tuned.....

Pitchertaker