Friday, December 08, 2006

Mexican Citizen

I think we have a Mexican Citizen in the family.

This morning at 6:00 AM, we had fireworks....the rocket kind of fireworks that rattle the town and light up the sky. Taylor, the cocker spaniel, has never liked the fireworks during the night. First you would hear him turning around in his bed, then maybe walking around the room, then he would jump on the side of the bed....my side of the bed because he knows who will take pity on him. I always picked him up, put him up in the bed and let him curl up against my legs. Then he felt safe and went right back to sleep. It is a fact that dogs know, if you are next to your human, then fireworks can't hurt you.

When the fireworks started, I could hear Taylor's soft snore. I thought that in a minute or two his front paws would be on the side of the bed by my head. I listened. His snore stopped but he didn't move. More fireworks......more booms. Before the fireworks had stopped, once again I heard his soft snore.

I think Taylor has stopped worrying about the fireworks. I think he has become a Mexican citizen.

2 comments:

Brenda Maas said...

That is just too funny. Way to go Taylor! Does Taylor have his FM2/3 also? LOL

Billie Mercer said...

Brenda, he skipped all the paperwork and just became a citizen. He is a happy dog here especially since we built the studio last year. It is on the 2nd floor and he sits on the little balcony and watches the world go down our street.