Monday, May 22, 2006

Sunday in the Old Sixth Ward

After doing nothing but packing for two weeks, I had to take a break on Sunday morning. I took my new lens for a walk around the neighborhood.
The new lens is the Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS lens. I think I will really like the IS (Image Stabilization) feature of the lens and I like the 24-105 range but it is one big heavy lens....at least for me. Still if you are going to be walking around and want to just have a lens on the camera that will get you through most any situation, this should do it for me.
I bought this lens and another one, the 70-200 f/4 L lens with some of the money I received from the sale of my darkroom equipment. There is one more lens that I'm lusting after but I wanted to give the 24-105 lens a try before I went for the 24 or 35 f/1.4 lens. Although the image stabilization feature will be helpful, I'm not sure it will take care of some of my low light shooting.

No comments: