Saturday, October 22, 2005

Cherimoya

A mouthwateringly delicious, sweet, creamy, subtropical fruit, organically grown in New Zealand, combining the exotic flavours of pineapple, papaya, passionfruit, banana, mango and lemon into one luscious delight. Mmmmmmm.

That is what the website says about the Cherimoya.

I found Cherimoya in a store the other day and bought one just to try it out. On the website it says to let them ripen until they are somewhat soft but if you let them go too long they can start to ferment. So I was letting mine ripen and today when I cut it, I think it might have been on the cusp of fermentation. It had a bit of an overripe smell and some brown spots. This isn't the best of pictures of the cut fruit but you can see that the flesh to seed ratio isn't as good as an apple.

The fruit isn't as creamy as a banana in the mouth but it is mushier. Don't know if that makes sense or not. If you see one in your store, you should just try it for yourself. Let me know what you think of the Cherimoya.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, nice to read your comments. Re the photos, because of the poor quality of the camera that I brought with us I try to remember to upload them "screen size" rather than full size. At times I know that I forgot to hit that button in a rush to get them done. This is probably the problem.
Brenda