Thursday, March 17, 2005

Cooking in San Miguel de Allende

We returned to San Miguel de Allende yesterday. Today I went to the market. I love shopping here. First to the meat market. I bought a filette de res sin cordon, about 1/2 kilo (1 pound) and also 2 nice porkloin chops. Then to the covered vegetable market. I bought tomatoes, serranos, onion, garlic, red tip lettuce, new potatoes, broccoli, mushrooms, mangos, and avocados. Then a stop with my favorite flower lady for a dozen red gladolias to put in front of my virgin of guadalupe niche. By now the backpack is full and I'm carrying a large bunch of flowers. But on to Bonanzas for lunchmeat, bacon, eggs, bread, butter, tostados, mayo, ranchero cheese, and asadero cheese. Now I'm really loaded down. So I hail a cab to return home.

I love cooking in San Miguel. Tonight I prepared the filette with a mushroom sauce, broccoli sauteed with garlic, new potatoes, and a wonderful fresh salad of the red-tip lettuce, tomato, avocado, onion, and ranchero cheese dressed with Briana's blush vinegarette that I brought from Texas. Muy delicioso!

No comments: